- Meeting rooms are available at all facilities of The Brown County Public Library. The rooms are available at no cost to library-sponsored groups and to organizations of a non-profit, civic, cultural, or educational nature. However, donations are gratefully accepted. The rooms may also serve as public galleries for cultural and educational exhibits.
- Commercial fund-raising programs (except Library support groups), political activities, card parties, or similar social - recreational activities, or gatherings that might be considered detrimental to the welfare of the community are not permitted.
- Commercially-sponsored courses may be permitted if related to the public service aspect of the library.
Room Availability and Reservations:
- Meeting rooms are available during library hours or after library hours if the meeting is begun during hours of operation. Meetings cannot be held on days that the library is closed.
- Reservations should be made through the building manager at least one week in advance of the event. Request forms must be completed and signed at least 24 hours in advance of the room use. Cancellations must also be made 24 hours in advance.
- Library and library-affiliated programs will take precedence over outside programs and may preempt them, if necessary. The library reserves the right to cancel any reservation if the room is needed for library use.
Room Conditions and Arrangement:
- Groups using the rooms are responsible for setting up and restoring the room to its original arrangement. Tables and chairs are available. Scotch tape, tacks, and other fasteners may not be used on the walls or equipment.
- The group sponsoring a program is responsible for the orderly conduct of the meeting participants. Programs are not to disturb library patrons. Children must be under adult supervision at all times.
- Damage or loss to the library resulting from the meeting is the responsibility of the person requesting use of the room.
- Only light refreshments (cookies, etc.) and clear beverages are permitted in the meeting rooms because of staining potential.
- The use of tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, and drugs are not permitted in the building.
- The Library reserves the right to withdraw meeting room privileges from any group that does not abide by this policy.
- The Brown County Public Library is not responsible for injuries, accidents, or acts of negligence that may occur on the premises.