Starting the week of May 11, 2020, all branches of the Brown County Public Library will begin providing curbside service on a limited schedule.
- Place holds for materials through our online catalog, and pick them up at your local branch. Request materials from any of our four branches. Items from libraries outside BCPL will not be available until the State Library of Ohio resumes interlibrary delivery service.
- Don’t have easy access to our online catalog, or just don’t know what you want? Call your local branch to have a staff member help you make your selections.
- Library staff will contact you when materials are available, so that you can schedule a pick-up time. You can also call or email the library with questions.
- Loan periods have been lengthened for new check-outs : most items will now check out for 4 weeks at a time. This reduces the number of trips you need to make. WiFi Hotspots continue to have a 2-week loan period.
- Book returns are open : feel free to begin returning the items that you currently have checked out so they can be quarantined and sanitized prior to being available for another patron.
- Having technical difficulties? Try a help session through the new Chat Service on our website.
Curbside hours are 9am-4pm at all branches:
Fayetteville-Perry (513-274-2665) : Monday-Wednesday-Friday
Georgetown (937-378-3197) : Monday-Wednesday-Friday
Mt. Orab (937-444-1414) : Monday-Thursday-Friday
Sardinia (937-446-1565) : Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday
While conditions make it impossible to say when the library can begin providing services inside the building, we anticipate that contactless curbside service will extend at least through June 5.
And of course, this is in addition to all of the digital services that have been available throughout the COVID-19 shutdown. BCPL’s subscription to Hoopla and participation in the Ohio Digital Library give library cardholders access to eBooks, audiobooks, music, movies and more. Reserve, stream or download some of your favorites today!